Welcome to another interesting new tutorial dear sew mates on How to Draft/Sketch/CUT a Cupped Bustier
On this tutorial we will learn
1. How to draft a cupped bustier.
2. How to alter a basic block.
3. How do plot style lines.
4. How to style a cupped bustier
This illustration is for advanced fashion designers. You should be able to draft and sew with little or no supervision.
Cf- means center from
Sf – means center back
- Front Length
- Back Length
- Shoulder to bust point
- Shoulder to under bust
- Bust span
Feel free to ask Questions
Feel free to like and share so that others can learn.
Was this illustration helpful?
This illustration is powerful by Precious Tonna the Creative Director at Precious Apparel and Precious Apparel Fashion Academy. No Copyright intended.
Ankaragrid Blog gives you Latest African fashion, Ankara Styles, Adire Styles, Kente Styles and Asoebi Styles. We also show how and where to locate the best Fashion Designer in Africa. Our purpose is to help promote African Fashion and Fashion Designers.
Support the Ankaragrid blog by Sharing our Blog post. Share your opinion on what you think about the style on the comment section.
Credits goes to the Fashion Designers that made these lovely Ankara Outfits. All the Designer’s Instagram handle is tagged on the photos. Check them out on their Instagram page and be inspired.
For More daily inspiration of latest Ankara Styles and to Meet more Professional Fashion Designers in Africa, Follow our Social Media pages
Facebook (ankaragridng) ,
Pinterest (@ankaragrid) ,
Tumblr (@ankaragrid) ,
How to Sketch a Cupped Bustier
- Draft a full scale block as shown
- Mark from shoulder to under bust
- divide shoulder slope, connect to bust point.
- This is how to take your cleave measurement.. Please wear a firm bra to take this measurements.
- Put down the value you got from the cleavage measurement. Use 0. 5 or 0.75 for the cf width and connect to the under bust.
- To get the overbust, go up by 3″ or 4″ from the cleavage line and mark.
- Tighten the over bust as shown
- Tighten the under bust and extend the dart legs to the top hem as shown.
- Draw the cup shape as shown
- Slash the waist dart, close the bust and over bust and shape the side cup.
- When you cut out, it should look as shown.
- Tape pattern pieces together and draw style line as shown.
- Shape from Cf to side front. The mid point extension should not be more than 3″
- It should look as shown when you’re done.
- Shape the back as shown
- Use 0.5″ for back alternation.
- Number and mark the cup
Tape the cup together and draw the style line as shown. it should be 3 pieces when you cut.
- Back Pattern Set and Front pattern Set