How To Avoid these Common mistakes Fashion Designers Make that affect their business negatively. Here are few mistakes Fashion Designers Make that will always affect your business growth. Some of these mistakes can be during branding, social media mistakes, and so many others.
1. Before giving your clothing line a Business Name.
Try and understand the two most powerful branding – Personal and Business Branding.
And how powerful it is when you combine the two. For Instance – Precious Apparel is Business Branding. Precious Tonna is a Personal Branding. Veekee James is a Personal and Business Branding.
2. Try avoiding prefix & suffix such as stitchesby, apparel, houseof, needle, Thread, Couture, styling etc
You don’t need to add sewing technical words for people to know you’re fashion designer.
A business name is meant to be unique. In short – If you search on Social media and see a business name that looks like yours, is a Red Flag. It will definitely affect your business. You can use business name generator websites like http://www.namelix.com to research for business name.
3. When sharing your Fashion Academy Class Flyer on Social Media Platforms , Don’t just post it the flyers
– Put Best Photos of your work first and your flyers in the middle or last.
– Let ppl see your work first before selling your class.
– or make a video of your workplace or video of your best dress and add the flyers at the End.
4. Take Video of your designs with Raw Camera Settings
While make YouTube Shorts, Instagram/Facebook Reels or TikTok Videos for your designs, Try and avoid using filters, special camera effects or snapchat beauty filter to enable you edit them to give you best quality and results. Any filter you can add before taking the shots can also be added while editing them.
5. Grow your Social Media pages organically before using Paid Ads for promoting your business page
It is important to grow your business page page organically before paying social media platforms for sponsored ads for traffic. It makes people to trust your business the more. Not having followers on your social media page before running a sponsored ads will make your page look like a scam page
6. Always Reply to your Social Media Comments
Reply to your Social Media comments especially on Facebook and Instagram helps to keep your post alive. Even when you reply to a comment in 5 years time on Facebook.com, the algorithm will bring up the post and suggest it to more people. And also try and make controversial content or post that will make people argue, or laugh or keep commenting Amen on your post.
7. Logo Design Mistakes
Stop using Too Much Sewing Equipments vectors on your logo such as sewing machine, Thread, needle. Logo design is meant to be simple and unique that can tell your clothing brand or personal story. They are different types of logo but the most popular is Letter Logo, and icon Logo. keep it simple and unique, so that people can memorize it easily. A well detailed logo will cost you around N15,000 or more from a professional graphics designer.
8. Always Ask These Questions to Your Online Customer
– How do you learn about Our Brand? It helps your marketing strategy, Helps you to know exactly where your traffic is from so that you can invest more in that source.
– Always ask them to rate and give reviews on your Social Media pages. It helps you gain more trust online from New Customers.
9. Register Your Business Name with CAC
Before you even think of making your business public, you must secure your intellectual property by registering your business with CAC. It is very important because someone can like your business name and if not registered, they can register it and there is nothing you can do about it.
10. Start Small
Don’t wait till you have everything before you start your business. Even if you don’t have sewing machine, find someone that is willing to allow you use their own. They are thousands of Fashion Designers and all of them won’t say “NO” to you.